The Baltic Sea Labour Forum (BSLF) is a platform for exchange of experience and communication between the key labour market actors in the Baltic Sea Region (BSR). It was founded November 2011 as one of the main results of the Baltic Sea Labour Network (BSLN). The Baltic Sea Labour Forum brings together the key labour market actors from around the Baltic Sea Region.
1. BSLF Teams and Committees
The Steering Committee is the highest strategical decision-making body of the BSLF. It comprises of one representative each of the BSLF member organizations and observers. The main objectives and tasks of the Steering Committee are identifying and discussing topical issues within the BSLF remit, deciding on BSLF administrative matters and on themes and layout of the Round table and others.
The Facilitator Team is a support function to the BSLF Secretariat and the BSLF as a whole. It consists of staff level representatives from social partners, CBSS and BSPC. The main task of the Facilitator Team is to serve as a reference panel and provide support and advice to the BSLF Secretariat.
- Daria Akhutina, Council of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS)
- Dr. Ines Stepina, Employers´ Confederation of Latvia (LDDK)
- Mika Domisch, BASTUN (Baltic Sea Trade Union Network) / NFS (The Council of Nordic
- Trade Unions)
- Anthony Jay Olsson, Council of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS)
- Hans Manzke, Nordmetall – the employers association of the metal and electronics industry
- Pirkko Nikula, Finnish Confederation of Professionals STTK
- Katariina Röbbelen-Voigt, Cooperation Centre Hamburg
- Jan Widberg, Baltic Sea Parliamentary Conference (BSPC)
- Bodo Bahr, Baltic Sea Parliamentary Conference (BSPC)
The BSLF Secretariat is located at the premises of the CBSS Secretariat in Stockholm for an initial period. As long as CBSS is hosting the BSLF Secretariat, the CBSS Communication department is responsible for the strategic communication of BSLF matters. The BSLF Secretariat is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the BSLF, the maintenance of the network between BSLF members, as well as networking with other stakeholders within the area of labour market issues.